Protecting Investors’ Rights
Richard A. Lewins
Richard A. Lewins centers his practice in representing individual investors in claims against brokers, brokerage firms and investment advisors. He has represented hundreds of clients throughout the country in arbitrations before FINRA and AAA, and has recovered substantial amounts through Awards and settlement. He has been a featured speaker and author in the area of securities and securities litigation for the State Bar of Texas, Dallas Bar Association, the Public Investors Advocate Bar Association (PIABA), the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Financial Executives Institute. His opinions on securities related topics are frequently sought by news organizations.
Mr. Lewins has held series 7 and 24 licenses and has worked for firms including Merrill Lynch, Shearson Lehman Hutton, and HD Vest. Mr. Lewins is currently an advisory representative.
Richard A. Lewins has been consistently voted one of the best lawyers in Dallas and in Texas, by peer review committees of D Magazine and Texas Monthly. Selection usually represents the top 5 % of attorneys in a given practice area. As a Securities Attorney Richard is a member of an elite group of legal professionals devoted to helping people like you recover from various types of financial loss.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 1995
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A - 1979
- Texas, 1995
- Dallas Bar Association, Securities Section, Member
- Texas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- PIABA, Member
Current Employment Position
Classes & Seminars
- Presenter, "Securities Arbitration from the Plaintiff's Perspective", Dallas Bar Association, 2005
- “Securities Customer Arbitration – A Map of the Road Away From the Courthouse”, State Bar of Texas CLE 2008
- “Discovery Guide Changes”, DBA Securities Section 2009
- “Almost Everything You Wanted to Know About Securities Litigation But Were Afraid to Ask.”, DBA Headnotes, 2010
- “Do’s and Don’ts in Filing a Statement of Claim”, PIABA Annual Meetings 2006-2012
- “Do’s and Don’ts of Group Arbitration Claims”, PIABA Annual Meeting 2019
- “My Investments Have Fallen and They Can’t Get Up”, DBA Solo & Small Firm Section 2021
- EF Hutton, Registered Representative
- Merrill Lynch Registered Rep, Regional Marketing Manager
- Shearson Lehman Hutton, Registered Representative
- HD Vest, Regional Sales Manager
- DayTrade.com, Compliance Officer
- Master, SMU Board of Advocates
- Member, Securities Section, Dallas Bar Association
- Panelist, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Conference, "Fiduciary Jeopardy"
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Dallas for Securities Litigation by D Magazine, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- SuperLawyers 2006, 2007 and 2021